Huckleberries Online

Cancer Center Reports Boiler Fire

The medical building housing Kootenai Cancer Center was briefly evacuated this afternoon when flames broke out during maintenance on a boiler. A build up of natural gas caused the small fire, which singed the hair of the maintenance technician, said Becky Orchard, a Kootenai Health spokeswoman. He was evaluated at the scene by firefighters, she said. The boiler is located on the first floor of the building at 700 W. Ironwood Drive, Coeur d’Alene. The building is owned by Parkwood Business Properties. It houses the cancer center, a lab and other medical offices.




You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Huckleberries Online

D.F. Oliveria
Dave Oliveria writes the Huckleberries Online Blog for North Idaho readers and the Huckleberries print column.

Follow Dave online:










Close

Sections


Profile

Close

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801