The 17th annual Human Rights Banquet of the Kootenai County Task Force on Human Relations is scheduled this evening at the Coeur d'Alene Inn. Here are 10 facts regarding tonight's event:
- The 476 guests tonight will be the second largest attendance in the 17 years of the banquet (Keynoter Morris Dees drew 520 in 2001)
- Former Coeur d’Alene Mayor Sandi Bloem, former councilmen Mike Kennedy and Deanne Goodlander and current councilmen Woody McEvers, Ron Edinger and Dan Gookin will receive the 2013 KCTFHR Civil Rights Award based on the passage of the anti-discrimination ordinance on June 4, 2013
- The KCTFHR will present a new award to NIC students called the “Foot Steps Program Award”
- The 2013 “Bill Wassmuth Memorial Volunteer-of-the-Year Award” will be presented to one of the most active volunteers over the past year.
- Freeman Duncan, board member of the Idaho Hall of Fame, will induct into the IHF Mary Lou and Scott Reed, Greg Carr and the Human Rights Education Institute.
- Facts 6 through 11 here.
Question: Have you ever attended the annual Human Rights Banquet?