Idaho is doing well in another Estately Blog poll. Remember? Estately named Idaho as one of the states that would survive a zombie apocalypse. After all, most Spud Staters are armed to the teeth and know survivability skills. Now, Estately ranks Idaho No. 4 – behind No. 1 Utah, Alaska and Wyoming and two spots ahead of No. 6 Washington in – (drum roll, puh-leez) nerdiness. Seems Idahoans are fanatics of “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” “Harry Potter,” “Dungeons & Dragons” and other nerd indicators. Says Estately: “Idaho is home to large numbers of live action role-players and Harry Potter enthusiasts, but it’s also one of the premier states for those into fantasy literature. The state is home to its own chapter of the Tolkien Society, and local universities actually hold classes focusing on fantasy and science fiction.” And you wonder why we Spud Staters seem somewhat “out there” at times?/DFO, SR Sunday Huckleberries. More here.
SR weekend columns:
- Smart Bombs: Taxing the cheapstake state/Gary Crooks
- Slice: It's never too soon to dream of summer/Paul Turner
- If you're not happy and you know, act like you are/Shawn Vestal
- Just for Fun music group swings on two decades later/Cindy Hval
- Outdoors: Bass club welcomes boatless anglers aboard/Rich Landers
- Young Cougars secondary uses Joe Albi turf as proving ground/John Blanchette
- Eye on Boise: Records request made for Otter's public records order/Betsy Russell
Question: How do you know that you are/aren't a nerd?