Exactly half of Idaho's top employers in each of its 44 counties are private businesses, while the other half are government entities. That's a change from 2012 when we reported on the same data. Then, the top employers in 28 counties were public and 16 were private sector businesses. Data that companies submitted to the Idaho Department of Labor in 2013 show the top five employers in all 44 counties, and how many people each employs. The department collects this data from most, about 95 percent, of Idaho employers/Emilie Ritter Saunders, Boise State Public Radio. More, including stats for all 44 Idaho counties here.
Top Kootenai County employers:
- 1. KOOTENAI MEDICAL CENTER: 2,100 - 2,199
- 2. COEUR D' ALENE SCHOOL DISTRICT #271: 1,300 - 1,399
- 3. CENTER PARTNERS INC: 1,300 - 1,399
- 4. NORTH IDAHO COLLEGE: 1,000 - 1,099
- 5. HAGADONE HOSPITALITY CO: 900 - 999
Question: Do you work for one of the top Kootenai County employers?