Huckleberries Online

THURSDAY, AUG. 21, 2014, 8:49 A.M.

Benefit Set To Help Burned Kids

The community is still rallying to help the families of two local children who were seriously burned in a backyard fire pit accident earlier this summer in Coeur d'Alene. Brooklynne White, 4, and Joshua Emerson, 8, (both shown in family photo) were airlifted to Seattle's Harborview Medical Center in late June, after a man poured gasoline onto a backyard fire pit and the gas can exploded. Both children remained at Harborview for weeks for skin grafts and other medical treatment. Brooklynne is now at home healing, and Joshua has been moved to a rehabilitation hospital. Friends, neighbors and other community members have held several fundraising efforts to help the families deal with expenses including medical costs, travel, lodging and meals. Another benefit will be held Friday beginning at noon at the Grail, 4720 Seltice Way, Coeur d'Alene/Coeur d'Alene Press. More here.

Question: Have you taken part in a fund-raising event for someone in need due to an unexpected medical emergency?

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Huckleberries Online

D.F. Oliveria
Dave Oliveria writes the Huckleberries Online Blog for North Idaho readers and the Huckleberries print column.

Follow Dave online:

Back to Spokesman Mobile