(Former Idaho senator Evan) Frasure acknowledged that he’s in a crowded race – announced GOP candidates for Secretary of State so far also include Rep. Lawerence Denney, R-Midvale; former Sen. Mitch Toryanski, R-Boise; and Chief Deputy Ada County Clerk Phil McGrane. But he said he likes his chances. Frasure, a former redistricting commissioner, said by his calculations, 43 percent of the Republican primary vote comes from east of Boise, a third comes from Ada and Canyon counties, and 24 percent comes from north of Boise/Betsy Russell (pictured), Eye on Boise. More here.
Other Eye on Boise stories today:
- Justice reinvestment bill introduced
- Morse bill would repeal conservation easement law'
- House passes bill to create annual 'Idaho Day' March 4
- Tax credit bill would encourage broadband extension in unserved areas
- Bill would exempt glasses, contact lenses from sales tax, would cost $4M
- Siddoway wants railroads, utilities removed from personal property tax exemption
Question: At this point, which one of the Republican candidates for secretary of state do you favor?