Senate GOP Caucus Chairman Russ Fulcher, R-Meridian, who's running against fellow Republican Gov. Butch Otter in the primary, released a statement on both video and audio this afternoon, reacting to the governor's State of the State message. Fulcher said the governor's speech to a joint session of the Legislature today “offers more evidence that he is out of touch with Idaho’s problems,” and decried Otter's “tepid leadership.” Said Fulcher, “He’s offering more of the same mediocre policies that won’t advance our friends and neighbors on a path toward prosperity and opportunity”/Betsy Russell, Eye on Boise. More here.
Other Eye on Boise coverage of 1st day of Legislature:
- No raises for state workers, but ...
- IEA: 'Criticial piece of equation overlooked'
- Otter proposes $15M in water projects
- Bedke says state will go 'above & beyond' for education this year
- Luna: Governor's budget would cut teacher pay by $21M
Question: Otter vs. Tea Party. Fun times?