The Chinese Year of the Snake ended in 2013, but judging by all the tail swishing it shaped up to be the Year of the Cat, reports WSU News (via Camille Troxel/KXLY). Consider what took place:
- Internet celebrity Grumpy Cat set out on a multi-city publicity tour aboard a bus.
- The Internet Cat Video Festival played to sellout crowds in cities across the nation, sometimes drawing 10,000 spectators who gathered, concert-style, before giant projection screens to watch cats do what cats do.
- Ratings reached an all-time high for Animal Planet during its fourth-season reality show, “My Cat from Hell.”
- In the classic Monopoly board game, Hasbro replaced the long-used iron token with a shiny metallic cat.
- The book, “I Could Pee on This: And other Poems by Cats” perched high on National Public Radio’s bestseller list for eight months. More here.
Question: Year of the Cat? Can this be possible?