Huckleberries Online

Update: 2 CdA Kids Hurt In Explosion

"4-yr-old Brooklyn White and 8-yr-old Joshua Emerson. Both are recovering after a fire in Emerson's backyard Saturday" -- tweet by Gabe Cohen/KHQ.

Two young Coeur d’Alene children are recovering in a Seattle hospital after they were burned when a gas can exploded next to a backyard fire pit Saturday evening. Joshua Emerson, 8, and Brooklynne White, 4, were rushed to Kootenai Health following the explosion around 5 p.m. The children were flown that night to the burn center at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. Emerson is in intensive care with first- and second-degree burns on 21 percent of his body, mostly his legs and arms, a family member said Monday. The girl received burns on 9 percent of her body.The children are neighbors in the 1400 block of Norlyn Court. A 35-year-old man poured gasoline from a 5-gallon can onto a fire pit when the can caught fire, Coeur d’Alene police said. He threw the can about five feet behind him, where it exploded and engulfed the children, who had been sitting on a swing/Scott Maben, SR. More here.

Thoughts?




You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Huckleberries Online

D.F. Oliveria
Dave Oliveria writes the Huckleberries Online Blog for North Idaho readers and the Huckleberries print column.

Follow Dave online:









Close

Sections


Profile

Close

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801