The House has voted 46-21 in favor of granting $10 million a year in tax credits for donations to scholarships to private schools, after much debate; similar legislation narrowly passed the House last year, but died in the Senate. HB 507 now moves to the Senate side/Betsy Russell, Eye on Boise. More here.
More Eye on Boise posts today:
- 2nd thoughts bounce around both chambers
- Senate OKs making inmates available for farm labor
- Tamarack Resort almost belongs entirely to Credit Suisse
- JFAC action: Commissioner raises, but no re-do on state worker pay
- House OKs bill to let small school districts get emergency building loans