Among legislation that was proposed in Idaho this year but didn’t end up passing:
- Nullifying the Environmental Protection Agency’s regulatory authority in the state.
- Expanding Medicaid to cover uninsured Idahoans, largely at federal expense.
- Fixing the homeowner’s exemption from property tax at $90,000 rather than indexing it to housing prices.
- Cutting state personal and corporate income tax rates.
- Designating the Idaho giant salamander as the state amphibian.
- Amending the state constitution to allow legislative leaders to order the governor to call a special session to allow override of a post-session veto.
Question: Can you think of some legislation that passed that shouldn't have?