Huckleberries Online

CdA woman sues over sprouts

A Coeur d’Alene woman who was hospitalized with an E. coli infection earlier this month has sued a North Idaho sprouts producer and the restaurant she says served her the food that made her sick.

Honey Sayler, 33, filed suit Tuesday against Evergreen Fresh Sprouts, of Moyie Springs, and the Jimmy John’s restaurant in Hayden.

Sayler is one of eight Northwest residents who were confirmed to be infected with the strain of E. coli, and investigators believe all of them ate raw clover sprouts grown at Evergreen.

About six days after she ate a veggie sandwich at the restaurant, Sayler began to experience severe abdominal cramps, diarrhea and other gastrointestinal problems. Scott Maben,  SR

Have you ever had food poisoning?




You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Huckleberries Online

Cindy Hval
Cindy Hval is a freelance columnist for the Voices neighborhood sections. Her Front Porch column appears twice a month in the Thursday Voice.









Close

Sections


Profile

Close

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801