You might be hot and bothered regarding recent dog shootings by police officers in Coeur d’Alene and Spokane Valley. But the Kootenai County GOP isn’t. The local Elephants shot down a resolution offered by Precinct 52 Committeeman Bjorn Handeen, to better protect our four-legged BFFs. Bjorn recommended a law patterned after one in Colorado. During the lopsided debate against the resolution at the Central Committee on Tuesday, one detractor harrumphed – and I paraphrase – couldn’t you find a better example of a state law than one from (liberal) Colorado? Do you suppose Coloradans feel the same way about uberconservative Idaho?/DFO, SR Sunday Huckleberries. Full column here.
Other SR weekend columns:
- The Slice: Yuletide segue awaits/Paul Turner
- Pigout etiquette anything but proper/Doug Clark
- Smart Bombs: Obama bashing is anything but cheap/Gary Crooks
- Garden: Time to focus on perennials, trees, shrubs/Susan Mulvihill
- Eye on Boise: Timing of Denney committee tour raises eyebrows/Betsy Russell
Question: Do you think dogs in Coeur d'Alene need more legal protection?