But officials at the Bureau of Land Management, which manages the Wallace Forest Conservation Area around Blue Creek Bay on Lake Coeur d'Alene, hopes its revised plan for the site announced Thursday is a happy medium that both incorporates recreational uses that are in demand and preserves the property's natural beauty.
The agency plans to:
• create additional equestrian and hiking trails on the west side where the uses are already occurring
• build mountain bike trails in the northwest section
• construct a small gravel parking lot off Bonnell Road
• enlarge the existing meadow parking area
• develop a connector trail that links both sides of the site
• open a children-friendly mountain bike loop on the east side of the site. Full story. Brian Walker, CdAPress