Mayor Mary Verner and the city council are very excited by all of the nominees and the dedication of the stakeholders and the advisory board in helping us move the target area development project forward. Our first meeting will be a “kick-off” meeting that the Mayor will open. This meeting will allow our stakeholders group and advisory board members to get to know each other. The stakeholders group will do a short-presentation on the neighborhood planning outcomes and one of the NED core group members will explain the work they did this last summer. The stakeholder group is open to anyone and everyone with an interest in how East Hillyard/North East Spokane development moves forward. The NED kick-off meeting is on Wednesday Dec. 1 from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the city council chambers,
The City Council has had an opportunity to meet with and approve all the NED Advisory Board members with the exception of one, so far, who I believe is scheduled for next Monday.
NED Advisory Board members
- Pete Rayner,
- Anthony Carollo, Spokane Home Builders Association
- Tom Reese, Reese Group, LLC.
- Dave Baker, Baker & Associates Property Management
- Ken Garceau, Windermere North
, LLC. Real Estate Spokane
- Steve Trabun, Avista Corporation
- Stan Key, Greater
- Jon Whipple,
- Elizabeth Tallessen, Winston & Cashatt, Lawyers
- Roed Freeland,
Shaw Middle School
- Mike Gorge, Food Services of
- Mike Winger, URM Stores, Inc.
- Dave Griswold, Guardian Self Storage
State Department of Transportation Kay, Washington
- (Not yet appointed) Mike Genova, Leisure Concepts Inc.
Via e-mail from Teri Stripes, business and development coordinator with the City of Spokane. She can be reached at 509-625-6597