Archive for August 2011
- it starts tomorrow, Friday. The official proclamation for Hillyard Festival Weekend is at 4:30 p.m. in Sharpley-Harmon Park.
- the Hillyard Hi-Jinks Parade is at 10 a.m. Saturday - going north on Market Street from Wellesley and Francis.
- there's another parade: Hot Rods in Hillyard parade south on Market immediately after the first parade. The Hot Rods stay in downtown Hillyard all day.
- find a place to park your car - the event is completely walk-able.
- Saturday is free swim day at the Hillyard Pool, all day. Remember to say thank you to Central Spokane Lions Club - they are footing the bill.
- there are more than 70 vendors at the park. There's bound to be one kind of food there you like.
- in case you left the house without cash, you can purchase commemorative 100th Hillyard Festival wooden coins with your debit or credit card to pay your way at the booths.
- you MUST have ID on you to get into the beer garden; no exceptions.
- pick up a Hillyard Festival Gazette at any Hillyard business for a full schedule of music and entertainment.
- If you haven't been to Hillyard in a while, come on up. It's going to be a great weekend.
Here's a link to this morning's story about the 100th Hillyard Festival