Six of the top 15 drivers in the championship standings will be making their first series start at Infineon Raceway. They include Jonathon Gomez (No. 22 Heritage Cattle/Century Boatland Chevrolet), Josh Combs (No. 9 Grape King/Sunrise Ford/Lucas Oil Ford), Luis Martinez Jr. (No. 6 King Taco/Sunrise Ford/Lucas Oil Ford), Michael Self (No. 88 Johnnie Walker Performance Center/Team Viva Chevrolet), Travis Milburn (No. 14 Cooks Collision Chevrolet) and Greg Rayl (No. 07 Spectator Racing Ford).
Courtesy: NASCAR Media Relations
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The NASCAR K&N Pro Series West visits Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif., on Saturday, June 19. Below is a statistical look at the performance of selected drivers in series action at Infineon Raceway:
Infineon Raceway Data
Race: #5 of 12 (6/19/10)
Track Layout: 1.99-mile road course
Race Length: 64 laps (127.36 miles)
1-lap Qualifying: David Gilliland, 77.887 seconds, 91.979 mph, June 23, 2007
64-lap Race: Brian Vickers, 1 hour 53 min 3 seconds, 67.595 mph, June 24, 2006
Series Race Winners at Sonoma
Jim Insolo 3
Hershel McGriff 3
Bill Schmitt 3
Jason Bowles 2
Butch Gilliland 2
(7 different drivers) 1
Jim Bown, Doug George, David Gilliland,
Kevin Harvick, Jim Robinson, Roy Smith, Brian Vickers.
Series Pole Winners at Sonoma
Hershel McGriff 3
Jim Bown 2
Butch Gilliland 2
Roy Smith 2
Tim Williamson 2
(9 different drivers) 1
Bob Bondurant, Scott Gaylord, David Gilliland, Eric Holmes, Ron Hornaday Jr., Patrick Long, Bill Sedgwick, Glen Steurer, Brian Vickers
David Mayhew (No. 17 MMI Services Chevrolet)
• One top five in two starts
• Best finish of second was last year
• Average finish of 17.0
Eric Holmes (No. 20 NAPA Toyota)
• Two top fives in four starts
• Best finish of second in 2008
• One Coors Light Pole, 2008
• Average finish of 8.50
• Has led 11 laps
Greg Pursley (No. 26 GPM Performance Parts Ford)
• Two starts, with a best finish of 20th last year
• Average finish of 28.5
Moses Smith (No. 16 HASA Pools Toyota)
• In three starts, best finish of 28th two times
• Average finish of 28.33
Blake Koch (No. 21 Daystar Chevrolet)
• Finished 11th last year in only start at Infineon
Paulie Harraka (No. 12 NAPA Gold Filters Toyota)
• Finished 14th last year in only start at Infineon
Jason Bowles (No. 31 Thunder Valley Casino Resort/GGRT/RCR Chevrolet)
• Two wins in three starts
• Back-to-back wins 2008, 2009
• Average finish of 10.33
• Led 39 laps
David Gilliland (No. 45 Speed Wong Racing Dodge)
• One win in two starts
• Victory was in 2007 event
• Average finish of 16.5
• Led 49 laps, all in 2007
Boris Said (No. 57 DenBeste Motorsports Ford)
• Two top fives in three starts
• Best finish of third in 2007
• Average finish of 9.67
• Led 6 laps
Stan Silva Jr. (No. 65 A&S Metals/Stan Silva Jr Trucking Chevrolet)
• Three top 10s in four starts
• Best finish of eighth on two occasions
• Average finish of 10.0
Jim Inglebright (No. 1 Federated Auto Parts Chevrolet)
• One top five in five starts
• Best finish of third in 2008
• Average finish of 19.40
Todd Souza (No. 13 Central Coast Cabinets Chevrolet)
• Two top 10s in four starts
• Best finish of sixth on two occasions
• Average finish of 15.25
Tom Dyer (No. 86 Muscle Milk Ford)
• Two top 10s in two starts
• Best finish of seventh in 2006
• Average finish of 8.5
Scott Ivie (No. 74 MSI Development Ford)
• Two starts, with best finish of 13th in 2008
• Average finish of 24.5
Brian Wong (No. 89 Quiksilver/Northeastern University Dodge)
• Two starts, with best finish of 16th in 2008
• Average finish of 24.5
Wes Banks (No. 3 Nuclear Sonics/Adams County Speedway Dodge)
• Three starts, with best finish of 21st in 2008
• Average finish of 23.33
Troy Ermish (No. 38 Datsun 510 Parts Outlet Chevrolet)
• Two starts, with best finish of 14th in 2008
• Average finish of 24.0
Jack Sellers (No. 15 Greyhound Adoption Center Chevrolet)
• Eleven starts, with a best finish of 11th in 1989
• Average finish of 21.45
• Also competed in six combination events with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Rick Boysal (No. 60 Medical Staffing Ford/Blendtec/Gatorz Eyewear Toyota)
• Finished 19th last year in only start at Infineon
NASCAR K&N PRO SERIES WEST AT INFINEON RACEWAY
• Infineon Raceway has hosted 20 series races since 1978. In addition, the series participated in nine combination events with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at the Northern California road course between 1989 and 1997.
• Six of the top 15 drivers in the championship standings will be making their first series start at Infineon Raceway. They include Jonathon Gomez (No. 22 Heritage Cattle/Century Boatland Chevrolet), Josh Combs (No. 9 Grape King/Sunrise Ford/Lucas Oil Ford), Luis Martinez Jr. (No. 6 King Taco/Sunrise Ford/Lucas Oil Ford), Michael Self (No. 88 Johnnie Walker Performance Center/Team Viva Chevrolet), Travis Milburn (No. 14 Cooks Collision Chevrolet) and Greg Rayl (No. 07 Spectator Racing Ford).
• Twelve drivers have visited Victory Lane in series action at Infineon. Three drivers – Hershel McGriff (1983, 1985, 1987), Jim Insolo (1978, 1979, 1980) and Bill Schmitt (1981, 1988, 1989) – lead the list of winners, with three wins each.
• Other multiple winners at Infineon include Butch Gilliland, who scored back-to-back wins on the historic road course in 1996 and 1997, and Jason Bowles, who won the past two events in 2008 and 2009.
• Fourteen drivers have qualified on the pole. While McGriff leads with three poles at Infineon Raceway – Gilliland, Jim Bown, Roy Smith and Tim Williamson each had won two poles there.
• Schmitt also leads in terms of top-five finishes, with eight, and top-10 finishes, with nine.
• McGriff led the most laps, meanwhile, running out front for 142 laps.
• McGriff and Schmitt have the most series starts at Infineon, with 12 each. Jack Sellers, meanwhile, has competed in 11 regular series races – along with six combination events.
• The event in 2008 was the only series race at Infineon that was extended for a green-white-checkered finish since the format was introduced.
• Five of the 20 series races were won from the pole position.
• 233 drivers have raced in series competition at the Sonoma, Calif., track.