Spokane Teachers Credit Union gets into the game, announcing its new South Valley location will feature an electric car charging station.
The Valley branch, at 13211 E. 32nd, will offer a 240-volt charging station for electric cars. It's called the first charging station in Spokane Valley.
That station goes live on Monday Dec. 12.
A release from STCU notes the charge station, paired with two parking spaces reserved for electric cars or chargeable hybrids, is one of a number of green features in the new branch. Others include:
- Panels that at times will generate a surplus of power.
- A rooftop and parking lot that reflect heat, rather than absorbing it.
- A shower for employees who walk or pedal to work. (It's also situated on a bus route.)
- Lights and a heating system that are highly energy efficient.
- A no-smoking policy that includes the parking lot.
Spokane's Nystrom+Olson Architecture designed the 3,496-square-foot branch to meet U.S. Green Building Council standards for LEED Gold certification for sustainable building and development practices.