Posts tagged: Arson
Fire investigators say a fire that destroyed a helmet business and a vacuum cleaner business Friday in Coeur d'Alene was likely caused by arson.
Investigators found a gas can under a desk in the building housing Helmet Outlet USA, the Coeur d’Alene Press reports. The Kootenai County Sheriff’s Department stated that Fire Marshal Jeryl Archer II determined that gasoline had been poured on the desk before the fire started.
The Friday night blaze also destroyed a Kirby vacuum business located in the same building.
Michael Murphy, who owns the building and the helmet business, said both are considered a total loss.