CONSERVATION — A free gardening class on Drought Resistant Grasses, Lawn Alternatives and Installing a Drip Irrigation System will be offered from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on six different dates this month at six Little Spokane Watershed Fire Stations:
The class, being repeated due to popular demand, will be presented by Water Smart Outreach Coordinator, Dixie Chichester, from WSU Pend Oreille County Extension on the following schedule:
- Aug 9, Diamond Lake Fire Station # 31, 325272 Highway 2 (West of Newport);
- Aug 15, Sacheen Lake Fire Station #32, 6131 Highway 211, (NW of Newport);
- Aug 16, Mead Fire Station #44,17207 N Newport Highway (Across from Cat Tails);
- Aug 18, Riverside Fire Station #46, 3818 E. Deer Park – Milan Road;
- Aug 23, Deer Park Fire Station #41, 315 East A Street;
- Aug 25, Colbert Fire Station # 49, 302 W Monroe.
Every class is free, thanks to sponsorship by the Little Spokane Water Smart Alliance (LSWSA), but pre-registration will reserve handouts and allow notification if class is canceled.
Call (509) 447-2401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The LSWSA also currently offers $100 rebates to homeowners in the Little Spokane River Watershed who purchase qualifying Energy Star clothes washers and Water Sense efficient toilets.
For further information about the rebates visit www.littlespokanewatersmart .org or call (509) 447-6454 (Pend Oreille County) or (509) 477-3604 (Spokane and Stevens Counties).