HUNTING– A waterfowl calling contest coming up in the Tri-Cities will give the open division winner an all-expense-paid trip to the hallowed quacking grounds of the World Duck Calling Championships in Stuttgart, Ark.
The sanctioned Washington Duck Calling Championships are set for Aug. 6-7 at Wholesale Sports in Kennewick, sponsored by the Washington Waterfowl Association.
In addition to the Open Duck competition, the event has eight other contests and divisions for duck, goose, youth and two-person competition.
Info: Abel Cortina, (509) 786-9196, email email@example.com.
Read on for details on the divisions.
- Washington State Sanction Duck Calling Championships (Wa residents only). The winner will travel to Stuttgart, Arkansas and represent Washington State at the World Duck Calling Championships. The trip will be a all expense paid trip sponsored by the Washington Waterfowl Association.
- Washington State Open Duck Calling Championship (open to all) winner will get prizes.
- Washington State Goose Championships (Wa. residents only) Winner will get some very nice prizes
- Washington State Open Goose (open to all)
- 2-Man Duck competition
- 2-Man Goose competition
- Jr Goose ages 13-17
- Jr Duck, ages 13-17
- Novice Duck, in order to complete in this contest you cannot have won any other contest other than a Jr contest otherwise you will be disqualified.
- Pee-Wee Duck Championship, this contest is for the kids to come up and blow and win prizes. Any kid that blows in this contest (1-12 years of age) will win a prize.