FISHING — Saturday is Free Fishing Day in Idaho and Washington will double the pleasure by dropping the general fishing license requirement for both Saturday and Sunday.
While fishing license requirements will be suspended, all other rules, such as limits or tackle restrictions, remain in effect.
Montana has set its free-fishing opportunity for Father's Day weekend, June 18-19.
Idaho is inviting novices to special locations around the state where equipment will be available to borrow and fishing experts will be on hand to help novice anglers learn fishing basics. All of the locations will be stocked with hatchery rainbow trout prior to the event.
Read on for Idaho Free Fishing Day event locations in this region:
Panhandle Region: For information 208-769-1414.
· Coeur d'Alene - Ponderosa Springs Golf Course, 7 to 11 a.m.
· Bonners Ferry - Snow Creek Pond, 9 a.m. to noon.
· Calder - Calder Pond, 9 a.m. to noon.
· Clark Fork - Clark Fork Lodge, 9 a.m. to noon.
· Enaville - Steamboat Ponds, 9 a.m. to noon.
· Harrison - Harrison Marina, 9 a.m. to noon.
· Mullan - Lucky Friday Pond, 9 a.m. to noon.
· Post Falls - Post Falls Park Pond, 9 a.m. to noon.
· Priest Lake - Priest Lake Golf Course, 9 a.m. to noon.
· Rathdrum - Rathdrum City Park,9 a.m. to noon.
· Sandpoint - Round Lake State Park, 9 a.m. to noon.
Clearwater Region: For information 208-799-5010. All events 9 a.m. to noon.
· Elk City - Karolyn's Pond.
· Lewiston - Levee (Kiwanis) Pond.
· Lewiston - Mann Lake.
· Moscow/Troy - Spring Valley Reservoir.