BOATING -- North Idaho has five invasive species boat inspection sites open through Sept. 9 to check boats for zebra and Quagga mussels that could infest the state's waters.
The state Agriculture Department's Invasive Species Program is operating the sites 7 a.m.-7 p.m. as follows:
- Cedars, on westbound Interstate 90 at Fourth of July Pass.
- Huetter Rest Stop, on westbound I-90 between Post Falls and Coeur d’Alene.
- Garwood, moved this year to Highway 53 (Trent) near the state line.
- Old Town on Highway 2 east of Newport.
- Samuels on Highway 95 north of Sandpoint.