ARCHERY -- This photo is going around the Internet. Although I cannot verify it since there are no contacts or specifics, I agree it illustrates a point of caution needed when trying out archery equipment.
The photo reportedly was taken on a cell phone after a man took his friend
to a shop to buy his first bow.
The clerk reportedly was assisting him in zeroing it in, and, after shooting several arrows, making adjustments etc., the clerk is reported to have accidently handed him an arrow that was too short.
Here's the rest of the report from the anonymous e-mail:
When the man drew back, the arrow tip fell down onto his hand as he released it. They rode to the hospital with the bow in his buddy's hand because it impaled his finger also! They are both archery amateurs (I'm thinking the clerk is also?).