WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT — The Idaho Fish and Game Commission will hear an annual report from Fish and Game Director Virgil Moore and meet with state lawmakers when the commisson meets Jan. 25-26 in Boise.
Routine items on the Fish and Game Commission's agenda include setting seasons for upland game, furbearers and turkey, a legislative budget preview and a big game briefing.
Also on the agenda are:
- A Shikar-Safari award presentation.
- An update on spring and summer Chinook salmon forecast and the potential for sport fisheries this year.
- A wolf harvest update.
- Deer and elk status updates.
- The Director’s Annual Report to the Commission.
- A motorized hunting rule scoping update.
- A legislative update.
- A report on land acquisitions and a summary of land acquisition policy implementation.