WATERFOWLING -- The 2012 Washington State Duck Calling Championship is set for Aug. 25, sponsored by the Washington Waterfowl Association, Yakima Valley Chapter.
The event, a qualifier for international competition, will start at 7 a.m. at Columbia Park in Kennewick.
The following contests are scheduled:
- 2012 Washington state Duck Calling Championship, open only to Washington residents. (The Winner will qualify for the 2012 World duck Calling Championship to be held Thanksgiving weekend at Stuggart, Arkansas.)
- Open Duck Calling contest (open to anyone)
- Junior Duck Calling contest (open to ages 11-17)
- Pee-Wee Duck (open to all children under the age of 11)
- Two-Man Duck (open to all ages)
- Junior Goose (open to ages 11-17)
- Washington State Goose ( Open to Washington residents only)
- Open Goose (Open to all callers)
- Two-Man Goose (open to all callers)
Info and pre-registration: Abel A. Cortina (509)786-9196.