TRAILS -- Conservation groups throughout the region are scheduling guided group hikes to introduce outdoor enthusiasts to choice wild areas throughout the region. Following are some of the upcoming options with links to see the many hikes on each group’s summer schedule.
- June 8: Fir Mountain day hike, 4 miles, to viewpoints over the Sanpoil River Valley.
- June 16: Work party to restore historic Big Lick Trail.
- June 30: Spar Lake archeological hike, 8 miles, with expert on Native American foraging.
- June 9: Pond ecology hike to West Ponds in the Spokane Valley natural area, led by a Gonzaga University biology professor.
- June 13: Rocks of Sharon, six-mile hike up through the Iller Creek Conservation Area to Big Rock.
Idaho Conservation League
- June 16: Pend d’Oreille Bay Trail, Family Fun Hike.
- June 23: Maiden Rock, Selkirk Mountains.
Info: ICL Sandpoint Office, (208) 265-9565.