TRAILS — Conservation groups throughout the region are scheduling guided group hikes to introduce outdoor enthusiasts to choice wild areas throughout the region. Following are some of the upcoming options with links to see the many hikes on each group’s summer schedule.
- June 23: Grassy Top-Hall Mountain hike, 8 strenous miles near Sullivan Lake.
- June 30: Clackamas Mountain hike, 10 moderate miles.
- June 30: Spar Lake archeological hike, 8 miles, with expert on Native American foraging.
- July 7: Grouse Lake, easy hike with Native Plant Society leader.
- July 11: Dishman Hills Natural Area, five-mile hike including portions of area burned by 2008 wildfire.
Idaho Conservation League
- June 23: Maiden Rock, Selkirk Mountains.
- July 7: Chilco Mountain north Of Coeur d’Alene.
Info: Idaho Conservation League Sandpoint office, (208) 265-9565.