BICYCLING -- The Spokane Bike Swap is taking shape at the Spokane County Fair and Expo Center. Bike vendors are setting up and sellers can bring bikes in until 8 p.m.
Shop for bikes Saturday 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m.-noon.
Admission: $5 per person, free for 12 and under.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the Spokane Bike Swap?
- A. The Spokane Bike Swap, in cooperation with the Friends of the Centennial Trail, is hosting the 1st Annual Spokane Bike Swap Event; this is a great venue to buy new and used bicycles and its accessories. It is a non-profit event, proceeds from the Spokane Bike Swap will be used to further the efforts of the Friends of the Centennial Trail.
Q. When is it and where?
- A. The event is at the Spokane County Fair and Expo Center, in Expo Annex Building A. 404 N Havana St, Spokane WA on Saturday March 24th 2012 from 9am to 4pm, and Sunday March 25th of 2012 from 9 am to noon.
Q. I am a vendor, when is the setup?
- A. Vendor Setup is Friday March 23rd from 10 am to 3 pm. Pickup items or checks scheduled for Sunday March 25th from 2 to 4 pm. If interested in being a vendor, download the vendor registration form by clicking here or contact LeAnn Yamamoto at lyamamoto@spokanecounty. or 509-477-7674.
Q. Where do I park and is there a fee for parking?
- A. Parking is free of charge at the Spokane County Fair and Expo Center grounds, at the Main Gate and the South Gate. Handicapped parking is located at both gates.
Q. What do I gain attending this event if I can go directly to the bicycle dealers?
- A. This event will be a one stop shop! You can register to sell a bike or browse the selection of used bikes to purchase. Local bike shops will feature their brands of bicycles and accessories with many offering specials and/or discounts at the bike swap. Most bike shops carry different brands of bicycles so there will be a great selection to browse and choose from. Tire repair, simple bike maintenance, helmet fitting, rules of the road and other workshops will be offered. Local bike groups will also be available to talk, connect and answer questions.
Q. Where does the money go that is collected at the door and for registration?
- A. The remaining funds after all expenses are paid will go directly to the Friends of the Centennial Trail to help with trail maintenance and improvements.
Q. Do you offer consignment?
- A. Yes! There is a $10 registration fee to sell your bike. Bike sellers can pre-register online or bring their bike on Friday from 3pm-8pm. The $10 fee is charged when you check in your bike on Friday. Pre-registering will help expedite your check in process. Bikes selling for $300 or more will be charged a 3% consignment fee that will help cover processing costs. If your bike sells for $300 or more, the 3% fee will be deducted before issuing your check on Sunday. If your bike does not sell, you will not be charged the 3% fee. For bikes sold under $300, you will received a check for the price listed after the event on Sunday. Check and bike pick up will be on Sunday from 1-3pm. If your bike is not picked up by 3pm, it will be donated to a charitable organization.
Q. Can I sell my bicycle and/or accessories during this event?
- A. Yes you can! You can register your bike to sell in the bike corral for $10 (per bike) and the Spokane Bike Swap Team will sell it at the event for you. If your bike sells, you will be able to pick up a check for the amount it sold on Sunday from 1pm – 3pm after the Bike Swap concludes. Bikes selling for $300 or more will be charged a 3% consignment fee that will help cover processing costs. If your bike sells for $300 or more, the 3% fee will be deducted before issuing your check on Sunday. If your bike does not sell, you will not be charged the 3% fee.
- B. You can rent a 3 x 10 table space for $15 to sell bike accessories, parts, clothes, etc. When renting table space, you must man the table and you will be responsible for all of your sales transactions. For security reasons, bikes cannot be sold or displayed at rented tables. Except vendors, all bikes being sold will be sold through the bike corral that the Spokane Bike Swap team is managing.
Q. I am a business owner and would like to advertise at the Bike Swap? What are my options?
- You have two opportunities to support the Spokane Bike Swap and get excellent exposure for your business! The Bike Swap has four sponsorship levels and each include recognition in marketing materials, company logo on signage, website, event program, and more. Another opportunity is placing an ad in the Event Program that will be distributed to all attendees at the bike swap. Ad sizes range from name recognition to full page ads. For additional information and the commitment form click here.
Q. Can I volunteer?
- A. Yes you can! Please go to the Volunteer tab in this website and contact us. As soon as your information is received, a Spokane Bike Swap team member will contact you.