HUNTING -- As wildlife biologists try to wrap up winter surveys, the Idaho Fish and Game has scheduled public meetings around the state to discuss proposals for 2013 big game seasons and rules.
Some of the proposals likely to emerge include:
- Increased black bear season length and mountain lion bag limit and season length in the Panhandle.
- Youth/disabled vet extra tag hunt on private lands in the Clearwater Region.
- Reallocating A tags from nonresident to resident in Diamond Creek elk zone in the Southeast Region.
- Reallocating capped Salmon elk zone from nonresident to resident in the Salmon Region.
Comments taken at the meetings will be summarized and presented to the Idaho Fish and Game Commission at the March 19 meeting when big game seasons are set.
The Panhandle Region has scheduled an open house meeting, 4 p.m.-8 p.m. on March 7 at the Coeur d’Alene Inn, Best Western Plus on Appleway at US Highway 95 in Coeur d’Alene.
Clearwater Region meetings are as follows:
- Grangeville: Senior Citizens Center, Feb. 26
- Moscow: Latah County Fairground Exhibit Building, Feb. 27
- Lewiston: IDFG Regional Office, March 5
- Orofino: IDFG Clearwater Hatchery located NW of bridge in Ahsahka, March 6.