HUNTING -- I marvel at my English setter, and all the various faithful breeds preferred by my friends. Here's one angle on why.
If you can…
- Start the day without caffeine.
- Always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains.
- Resist complaining and boring people with your troubles.
- Eat the same food every day and be grateful for it.
- Understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time
- Overlook it when those you love take it out on you when through no fault of yours, something goes wrong.
- Take criticism and blame without resentment.
- Ignore a friend’s limited education and never correct him/her.
- Resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend
- Face the world without lies and deceit.
- Conquer tension without medical help.
- Relax without liquor.
- Sleep without the aid of drugs.
- Honestly say deep in your heart that you have no prejudice against creed, color, religion or politics.
….Then, you are ALMOST as good as your dog.