FLY FISHING -- It's time for anglers to inventory their equipment needs and surpluses in preparation for the annual Fly Fishing Gear Swap, May 18 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Silver Bow Fly Shop, 13210 E Indiana Ave. in Spokane Valley.
The first step to the success of the swap relies on anglers bringing in their used gear to sell, said Sean Visintainer, Silver Bow owner.
"So we need you to rummage through your closets, garage, your fishing buddies gear, etc. and bring fly fishing equipment to sell that you no longer want! Obviously it needs to be in good working order and be worthy of reselling (I WILL and DO turn away gear that has no resale value). But I know lots of you have gear that you don't use so please bring it down... the week before the sale."
Read on for detals on selling and buying gear, and note a few changes from last year.
Fly Fishing Gear Swap, May 18th 9 a.m.-6 p.m. at Silver Bow Fly Shop
- Bring fly fishing gear starting May 11th. NO GEAR WILL BE EXCEPTED PRIOR TO THIS.
- $1 per item registration fee. NO EXCEPTIONS on bulk quantities.
- Bring Boats to the Silver Bow the day of the Swap.
- If your gear sells you can receive 1 of 2 options: 100% value of items sold as in-store credit or A check for 70% of the sold items value. Checks will be cut within 2 weeks after the event.
- All gear MUST be picked up within 1 week after the event.
- Event starts at 9am Saturday May 18th. Do not show up early expecting to get in.
- Prices will REMAIN THE SAME throughout the one-day event. If you want it, BUY IT.
- All sales are final.