PUBLIC LANDS -- Good news/bad news for hikers who enjoy the trails to Abercrombie and Sherlock Peaks in Pend Oreille County:
The Colville National Forest will begin road maintenance and reconstruction on Oct. 1 on the following roads.
- Forest Service Road 7078000 (Sherlock Peak Road)
- Forest Service Road 7078300 (Abercrombie Road)
- Forest Service Road 7078070 (Silver Creek Road)
- Forest Service Road 7078075 (Windy Ridge Road)
- Forest Service Road 7078109 (Gladstone from Windy Ridge)
These roads access the Abercrombie and Sherlock Peak areas and the Silver Creek Trail Head. Expect delays and temporary closures due to road construction until December 01, 2013
Info: Three Rivers Ranger Station at (509) 738-7700.