WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT -- Idaho Fish and Game is seeking public comments on proposed changes to the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 upland game, turkey and furbearer seasons. Comments are due on Friday, Jan. 3.
Idaho Fish and Game proposes:
- To allow nonresident trappers to trap any species that Idaho trappers can trap, provided the state of residence of the nonresident trapper allows nonresident trappers to trap any species their residents can trap.
- To reduce the statewide bobcat trapping season length to prevent overharvest.
In the Panhandle Region:
- To increase river otter quota to 40, from 30.
In the Clearwater Region:
- To allow beaver trapping in the Cow Creek drainage and its tributaries in Nez Perce County in the Clearwater Region.
- To clarify that corporate timber lands are not considered private lands for the purposes of Fall Turkey General Hunt in Units 8, 8A, 10A, 11, 11A, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 18, which runs November 21 - December 31 and is open on private land only.
Comment on trapping proposals here.
Comment on turkey hunting proposals here.
Idaho Fish and Game officials say all public comments will be summarized and presented to the Idaho Fish and Game Commission for consideration before seasons are set at the Jan. 16 commission meeting in Boise.