WINTER SPORTS -- The Methow Valley Sport Trails Association and community partners are sponsoring a free cross-country ski day on Friday, March 14 for people to explore the region's most expansive and varied system of groomed nordic trails.
Trail passes will not be required on Backyard Ski Day and the event even includes free ski rentals and free ski lessons.
Details of the event include:
- Free trail access all day on all the MVSTA ski trails.
- Free ski rentals can be obtained from Winthrop Mountain Sports, Methow Cycle & Sport, and the Mazama Ski School. Reservations recommended.
- Free, one hour cross-country ski lesson courtesy of Methow Valley Ski School will begin at 10:00am at the Corral Trailhead in Mazama.
- Free snow cat rides from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Corral Trailhead in Mazama
- Free beverages and s'mores at the Corral Trailhead in Mazama from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dogs also enjoy complementary trail access (with free deer carcasses here and there.)