PUBLIC LANDS -- Washington State Parks have a fee-free access day coming up.
Here's the list of 11 days in which the Discover Pass is not needed for vehicle entry in 2014:
- Jan. 19 and 20 – Martin Luther King holiday.
- March 19 – Washington State Parks birthday.
- April 19 – Spring Saturday Free Day.
- April 22 – Earth Day.
- May 11 – Spring Sunday Free Day.
- June 7 and 8 – National Trails Day and WDFW Free Fishing Weekend.
- June 14 – National Get Outdoors Day.
- Aug. 25 – In honor of National Park Service’s birthday.
- Sept. 27 –National Public Lands Day.
- Nov. 11 – Veterans Day holiday.
Remember, Mount Spokane is a notable exception during winter season, when the Discover Pass is not valid. Until April 1, visitors are required to have a Sno-Park vehicle permit at Mount Spokane unless you are a patron of the alpine ski area on days the ski area is open.
Federal land fee-free entry days also are scheduled in 2014 to parks, forests, U.S. Bureau of Land management lands, refuges and other national interest lands where fees are charged.