PUBLIC LANDS -- Being a fly fisherman and if I were looking for a place to be a campground host this summer, I'd jump at this announcement from the Clearwater National Forest in Idaho. Although the Clearwater offers many great camping options, I'll let you figure out the site that especially catches my attention.
Read on for the details and the contacts.
The Nez Perce–Clearwater National Forests are looking for energetic, good-natured people to serve as campground hosts for the 2014 season at several campgrounds. The most important job of a Campground Host is to provide an enjoyable camping experience for the public. Hosts are expected to assist visitors with information about the campground and local recreation opportunities. They must work well with people, be personable and neat in appearance and physically able to perform the following tasks:
- Clean and stock restrooms
- Clean fire rings, picnic tables and pick up litter
- Mow and weed-eat campsites and roadways
- Perform fee compliance
- Post daily reservation signs
Hosts are needed generally Memorial Day through Labor Day with a weekly schedule of Thursday through Monday, including holidays. The season length and work week may vary by site. Volunteers must provide their own self-contained trailer. The Forest Service will provide a campsite, propane, gas and a subsistence allowance (may vary by site). Host positions are open at the following sites:
- Kelly Forks and Washington Creek Campgrounds - Contact Kearstin Edwards at 208-476-8344
- O’Hara Bar Campground - Contact Heather Berg at 208-926-6404
- Red River Campground - Contact Randy Borniger at 208-842-2110
- South Fork Campgrounds - Contact Samuel Manifold at 208-983-4018