Posts tagged: antler aunction
WILDLIFE — More than 200 Roosevelt elk shed antlers seized by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife can be purchased during an online auction that's underway. Bidding for about half of the items will close Sept. 19, and bidding for the other half of the items will close Sept. 20.
Items available during the auction include:
• More than 100 large individual shed antlers.
• Four sets of matched antlers.
• 26 bundles of large shed antlers.
• One large skull cap plate with antlers from a Rocky Mountain bull elk.
• One large set of mounted antlers from a trophy mule deer buck.
To participate in the online auction you must pre-register.
The shed antlers, seized because they were collected illegally, have been sorted into three grades: fresh (picked up the same year as shed), one-year white (picked up one or more years after being shed), and two-year white (picked up two or more years after being shed).
More than 100 of the individual shed antlers have had gross scores determined, many of which qualify for entry into the Boone and Crockett record book, said Sergeant Carl Klein of the WDFW Law Enforcement Program.
Read on for more details: