Sirens & Gavels

FRIDAY, JUNE 11, 2010, 6:30 P.M.

911 call on boy in fire: ‘He’s going to die’


911 call from house fire


The aunt of a boy rescued from a burning Spokane home early today told a 911 dispatcher the boy was trapped in the house and she feared for his life.

"The house is on fire and there's a baby in it," the woman exclaimed in a short 911 call released by the Spokane Fire Department. "...Oh my God. He's going to die. He's going to die!"

But the boy was saved. He's now recovering at Sacred Heart Medical Center.

Read the full story by Mike Prager here.




You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Sirens & Gavels

Public safety news from the Inland Northwest and beyond.







Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(509) 747-4422
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile