ADVERTISEMENT
Advertise Here

Sirens & Gavels

Shopping firefighter investigates smoke at White’s Boots

Is there a firefighter in the house? When employees of White's Boots smelled smoke this morning at their east Spokane store, there was.

The firefighter was shopping for boots at the 4002 E. Ferry Avenue store and even checked out the smoke for them. He advised employees to call 911 as a precaution, employees said.

Nothing was showing when Spokane Fire crews arrived, but they investigated and found an overloaded heating system. It was shut off to prevent further damage.

Now employees are preparing for a cool day outside and inside.


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Sirens & Gavels

Get blog updates by email

About this blog

Public safety news from the Inland Northwest and beyond.

Latest comments »

Read all the posts from recent conversations on Sirens & Gavels.

Search this blog
Subscribe to this blog
ADVERTISEMENT
Advertise Here