If you go out in your car on a summer weekend in Spokane, you are almost certain to be confronted by high-energy young people wanting to wash your car.
Which approach is most apt to make you consider pulling over?
1. Jumping jacks.
2. Having a cause that doesn't make you snort.
3. Waving a sign so vigorously that you cannot really read why these personality-plus youths are trying to raise money.
4. Shrill beseeching.
5. The presence of kids on the corner who don't appear to have been selected for prurient marketing considerations.
6. Projection of a cheerful, friendly attitude.
8. The kids actually washing cars seem to be working hard, doing a good job.
9. One kid on the corner yelling, "I see you in there behind that tinted windshield, Mrs. Hanley!"
10. Overall Mardi Gras atmosphere.