My bike ride to work this morning was a bit brisk. And I couldn't help but wonder what drivers of cars passing by thought when they saw me.
10. “What a maroon.”
9. “Bet he's sorry about that DUI now.”
8. “That's about as silly as those high school kids wearing shorts when it's frigid.”
7. “I've heard of being concerned about your carbon footprint, but that's ridiculous.”
6. “Wonder how many layers of gloves he's wearing.”
5. “Nice array of lights.”
4. “He probably thinks he's cool.”
3. “Those cyclists don't pay any taxes!”
2. “What's he going to do if it snows this afternoon?”
1. My presence didn't even register. People tend to be lost in their own thoughts about MasterCard balances, constipation issues and resented promotions of workplace rivals.