We'll save you some time: Certain men's magazines love to tout stories about the secrets of success in both personal life and business. Inevitably, these "secrets" are essentially rehashings of seven basic truths.
1. Women want you to listen AND talk.
2. Bosses want you to solve your own problems.
3. Looks matter.
4. If you are a jerk, you need to be able to conceal that fact.
5. All managers value people who make them look good.
6. It's an excellent idea to be young, stylish, smart and funny.
7. Life's not fair.