It's not unusual for visitors to the SR newsroom to note that it seems quieter than they expected.
Now many readers of www.spokesman.com would never get past security. But on the chance you ever did make it up to the fourth floor at the Review Tower, you might find yourself thinking the same thing. "Why is it so quiet in here?"
Here are 10 reasons.
1. Fewer reporters and editors than in the old days.
2. No teletype machines.
3. No typewriters.
4. Fewer phones ringing than before the Internet.
5. No pneumatic tubes.
6. Less yelling.
7. Visitors aren't around at deadline.
8. The gap between reality and old movies.
9. Reporters and editors communicating with each other via email.
10. Fewer reporters and editors roaring drunk.