There are problems with reminding people that it violates a city law to ride a bike on sidewalks downtown. Here are five.
1. Yelling doesn't always produce learning.
2. To the listener, outdoor yelling often sounds like "Hey! Buzza globben and yule stamper doobie jackslob!"
3. "You're making every cyclist look bad!" doesn't really resonate with those who do not in any way view themselves as part of Spokane's cycling community.
4. The audience for this message is not exactly ablaze with desire to live life inside the margins of civil society.
5. The offenders are thinking, "Where's your badge?"