Sometimes well-intentioned people just flat run out of time.
So here are eight back-up topics for your book club meeting when it's obvious nobody read the book:
1. When you're in a hotel, do you ever listen through the wall to hear what's happening in the next room?
2. What assumptions do people make about a Spokane woman based on how much makeup she wears?
3. Can you detect an Inland Northwest accent?
4. Why are some people simply not happy unless they are trying to get their church pastor fired?
5. Does Hollywood's fondness for interracial buddy movies distort our perception of how blacks and whites relate to one another in real life?
6. Would you consider it a compliment if someone said you were completely without guile?
7. Agree or disagree: Most people tend to overrate their ability to disguise the fact that they find someone wildly attractive.
8. Is there a place for dirty jokes?