Posts tagged: etiquette
I realize many don't give a rip about the liturgical calendar, which is their absolute right.
But I wonder.
Is it appropriate to say “Happy Friday” on Good Friday?
…phoning someone at dinnertime.
1. “Dinnertime” has become a fluid concept.
2. Assumption that recipient will be pleased to get the call since you aren't a telemarketer spouting some line of bull about improving credit card interest rates.
3. Many people no longer think of electronic communications interruptions as interruptions. They think of them as part of being awake.
4. Even if your call arrives while the person is eating, it is unlikely that he or she is ensconced in some Norman Rockwell scene. Chances are, he or she is on the computer or watching TV.
5. We have become accustomed to thinking that every thought needs to be expressed immediately.