Posts tagged: leaving work early
Let’s say there’s a baseball game on TV at 1 o’clock that you want to watch at home. What can you say as you slip out during the noon hour?
1. “I need to check on something.”
2. “I think I might be coming down with something and I don’t want to infect everyone.”
3. “Something I need to take care of.”
4. “Have a meeting with a Justin Verlander.”
5. “You’ll probably be gone by the time I get back.”
6. “I’ve got to uh, you know, take care of that thing.”
It's OK to admit it. Sometimes you like to cut out of work a bit early.
That does not make you a bad person.
Still, you might feel a little sheepish about it. If that's the case, you will want to keep an eye out for announcements about my upcoming online course, “Making a Run For It.”
As someone with years of experience as the first day-shifter to leave his workplace each day, I'll be offering valuable insights on how to bust out of the office early without experiencing that nagging guilt and shame.
I'll discuss strategies for making your move and not coming off as furtive or sneaky. There's more to it than pretending to be on the phone as you tiptoe toward the elevators.