Posts tagged: police training
Spokane Mayor David Condon unveiled his 100-day action plan on Friday with only 58 days left to complete his list.
Among his promises for within his first 100 days in office:
- Providing training to police and firefighters for working with “vulnerable” populations.
- Form a committee to advise the mayor on small business issues.
- Work with Spokane County to create committee to analyze possible government consolidation opportunities.
- Analyze the city’s 1,600 pieces of real estate and consider selling some of it.
- Assign police officers to attend neighborhood council meetings.
- Improve the city's permit system.
Some items of the initiative are carry-overs from Mayor Mary Verner’s administration, such as improving the permitting system. Some ideas have been around for decades, like government consolidation. Some are new, such as the small business group.
A full list of Condon’s 100-day plan is here.