ADVERTISEMENT
Advertise Here

Spokane Valley

Garage fire caused by gas fumes igniting

A Spokane Valley man learned the hard way this afternoon that gasoline fumes and open flames don’t mix. The man was apparently working on his snowmobile when gas fumes ignited and his garage burned, according to a press release from assistant fire marshal Bill Clifford of Spokane Valley Fire

Seven fire trucks responded to the location at 3102 N. Lily Road just after noon. When firefighters arrived the garage was aflame and a neighbor’s garage was also beginning to burn. No one was injured in the fire. The garage and its contents were a total loss. The neighbor’s garage sustained $1,000 in damage. The photo is courtesy of Spokane Valley Fire.


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Spokane Valley

Get blog updates by email

About this blog

Welcome to the Spokane Valley blog. Here we cover news, events and information from the greater Spokane Valley area, including Millwood, Otis Orchards, Liberty Lake, Newman Lake, Rockford and Fairfield.

Stop by often to find stories, information on events received too late to print in the Valley Voice and breaking news.

Follow Pia on Twitter

Send Pia an email

Latest comments »

Read all the posts from recent conversations on Spokane Valley.

Search this blog
Subscribe to this blog
ADVERTISEMENT
Advertise Here